Governance, management and administration
47 Governance, management, and administration standard: general
(1) The governance, management, and administration standard: general is the standard that requires every licensed service provider to whom this regulation applies to ensure that—
(a) the service is effectively governed and is managed in accordance with good management practices; and
(b) the service provider regularly collaborates with—
- (i) parents and family or whānau of children enrolled in the service; and
- (ii) the adults responsible for providing education and care as part of the service; and
(c) appropriate documentation and records are—
- (i) developed, maintained, and regularly reviewed; and
- (ii) made available where appropriate; (A) at any reasonable time on request by a parent of a child enrolled in the service; and (B) at any time on request by any person exercising powers or carrying out functions under Part 26 of the Act; and
(d) adequate information is made available to parents of enrolled children and, where appropriate, to the families or whānau of those children about the operation of the service; and
(e) all reasonable steps are taken to provide staff employed or engaged in the service with adequate professional support, professional development opportunities, and resources.
(2) Each licensed service provider to whom this regulation applies must comply with the governance, management, and administration standard: general.
The criteria in this section are grouped together by topic. Each criterion has also been given a short, descriptive title. These titles are provided only to help you navigate around more easily on the website – they do not form part of the criteria themselves.
In this section