Building and Electrical Earths
Building earth systems and electrical earth systems shall be provided as part of the building works.
Earthing and related works by the cabling system contractor should be limited to the following:
- Provision of communications earth system (CES) where specified as part of the works.
- Provision of telecommunications reference conductor earthing system (TRC) where specified as part of the works.
- Bonding of the cabling system equipment, enclosures, components, and pathways to the relevant earthing system including provision of earth bars, cabling and connections as required.
This document does not require the modification of existing cabling and related systems installed and completed prior to the commencement of any new works, except where necessary to achieve a successful merger of old cabling with new works on the same site.
Cabling that has been provided in accordance with earlier standards will generally be retained in service unless there is sufficient justification for replacement of the cabling as part of an upgrade or redevelopment or if cabling performance is inadequate for new communications facilities.
Other Cabling or Systems
Related cabling or systems that are outside the scope of this document include:
- Network equipment, such as servers and switches, that are connected to the SCS
- Master Antenna Television (MATV) cabling and equipment
- Security systems
- Wireless LAN equipment
- Radio-based carrier interface